Current:Home > StocksBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -WealthMindset Learning
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 17:22:49
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (8767)
Related
- Plunge Into These Olympic Artistic Swimmers’ Hair and Makeup Secrets
- Alabama's flop at Vanderbilt leads college football Misery Index after Week 6
- Early morning crash of 2 cars on Ohio road kills 5, leaves 1 with life-threatening injuries
- Inside Daisy Kelliher and Gary King's Tense BDSY Reunion—And Where They Stand Today
- Audit: California risked millions in homelessness funds due to poor anti-fraud protections
- Aaron Rodgers injury update: Jets QB suffers low-ankle sprain vs. Vikings
- Bruins free-agent goaltender Jeremy Swayman signs 8-year, $66 million deal
- Ex-Delaware officer sentenced to probation on assault conviction
- Louisiana high court temporarily removes Judge Eboni Johnson Rose from Baton Rouge bench amid probe
- SpaceX launch: Europe's Hera spacecraft on way to study asteroid Dimorphos
Ranking
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- Richard Simmons was buried in workout gear under his clothes, brother says: 'Like Clark Kent'
- Authorities are investigating after a Frontier Airlines plane lands with fire in one engine
- Tia Mowry Shares Update on Her Dating Life After Cory Hardrict Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- 'He's the guy': Josh Jacobs, Packers laud Jordan Love's poise
- Old Navy’s Cozy Szn Sale Includes $24 Sweaters, $15 Joggers & More Fall-Ready Staples Up to 68% Off
- A Michigan Senate candidate aims to achieve what no Republican has done in three decades
Recommendation
The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
Opinion: Trading for Davante Adams is a must for plunging Jets to save season
Girl, 2, drowns during field trip to West Virginia resort: Reports
When will we 'fall back?' What to know about 2024's end of daylight saving time
Immigration issues sorted, Guatemala runner Luis Grijalva can now focus solely on sports
Two boys, ages 12 and 13, charged in assault on ex-New York Gov. David Paterson and stepson
Two boys, ages 12 and 13, charged in assault on ex-New York Gov. David Paterson and stepson
A Michigan Senate candidate aims to achieve what no Republican has done in three decades